Monday, February 15, 2010

The Edge of Darkness

I had been waiting for this movie to come out since I saw the trailer play just before "New Moon" in November. The movie had intrigued me for two reasons; 1. I love Mel Gibson as an incredible actor!, and 2. I really enjoy a conspiracy-laced suspense movie.
The plot started out pretty thick with his daughter being murdered within the first 10 minutes. Then you bring in a few shady characters like the officer who is supposed to be his buddy (but there's something amiss there), and the boyfriend/freak, and the mystery man in the backyard...then the questions that lead him to the conspiracy. BUT, that's where the movie gets a little off track. There are some people who die in the movie because of what they know...however, if what they knew was a true threat, why didn't they get killed sooner...I saw some holes in the story there. The significance of the back-yard mystery man was never really defined. Then, at the end of the movie, he does something that is completely unexpected and feels like it doesn't even fit into the movie. Even today, I can't tell you the point of his actions.
But, if you are going to this movie to see Mel Gibson's very talented acting and can overlook a few flaws in his director's judgment, I think you could still enjoy it.
I will call this a good movie, but that is based on the great scenes of the movie that I won't give away! So, check it out!
~Cinema Sampler

No comments:

Post a Comment