Friday, January 1, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Robert Downey Jr. was PERFECTLY cast for this role. Much like Johnny Depp was able to own the role of Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean perfectly. This movie had some interesting cinematic elements to it...with jumping ahead briefly and flashing back a couple of times. But it was not extreme to the point of creating confusion.
Parts of the movie had us laughing out loud while other scenes had me at the edge of my seat (I think I even jumped at one part). The action was great. The story was a bit unrealistic, but it was interesting enough to pull me in and lead me through to the end. All the loose ends were tied up neatly at the end in a very entertaining and "Sherlock Holmes" way. The ONLY thing that was missing from this movie was his giant magnifying glass!
If there were a down side it would be that there is a lot of exploration of black magic through his investigation. Some people may find that disturbing, however, it was not glorified in any way and the end cleared many things up...but I won't spoil it for you!
No bad language and no real nudity outweighed the concern I would have had anyway.

My opinion: GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

~Cinema Sampler

No comments:

Post a Comment