Friday, May 21, 2010

The Lovely Bones

I'm not sure why I even rented this movie... The previews looked intriguing but, really, why would a mother of two beautiful daughters want to watch a movie about a neighbor who kills a young girl?!?! So, Mark Wahlberg did a great job (as I'm sure you know). The most emotion that I could attach to in this movie was from his character. I don't believe that Rachel Weisz performed as well...or maybe the focus was supposed to remain only on the father.
Stanley Tucci played a convincing role. As an ordinary neighbor man he looked and seemed to blend into his surroundings so well yet he was a serial murderer! The thought sends chills down your spine and makes you want to upgrade your door locks.
The daughter was a typical 14-year-old girl with an active social life and a loving family. As frustrating as it was to see how easily she fell into the trap, it was common in that time for people to be more trusting. I didn't like the new "place" she went to...it was very strange. I think that really detracted from the whole movie. I know this type of thing has been done before (Ghost 1990) but this approach was, ...well....lame.

Anyway, my suggestion: PASS ON THIS MOVIE...even as a rental it's not that entertaining for the money!

~Cinema Sampler

1 comment:

  1. Disagree, i thought Rachel Weisz and Stanley Tucci were the only good things about this film, which is unfortunate because Weisz had most of her scenes cut out of the film and they gave too much time to Mark Wahlberg, who was miscast.

    ReplyDelete