Monday, April 4, 2011

Limitless

Limitless....the possibilities... I think they pretty much nailed it with this movie. Bradley Cooper is just some poor schmuck one day, and a few unpredictable turns later, he is on top of the world...or at least on the top floor of the apartment building he lives in, about to plummet off the balcony to make an impression of the concrete below! It's been a while since I have seen a movie that develops the right amount of substance in the plot that it actually takes you along for the ride...where plot twists actually twist! Limitless had a slow patch or two, but that was quickly forgotten. I think I may have underestimated Bradley Coopers ability to fill out his character so completely. The bum was as believable as the political candidate...(yes, that many plot twists create a winding road). Robert DeNiro's character really tied the whole thing together. He is so powerful, so intimidating, so in control...but is he really in control? I guess you'll have to find out for yourself. My advice: Go see it in the theatre...you'll be glad you did! ~Cinema Sampler

No comments:

Post a Comment